Building a Diverse Club
RELEVANCE:Members with different backgrounds and viewpoints give clubs a broader understanding of the community, its problems, and possible solutions.
At the end of this session, participants should be able to help clubs:
- Identify the major professions and demographics in their community
- Understand how to use Rotary’s classification and member diversity assessment tools to broaden their club’s membership
- Bringing together people of action from different industries, ethnicities, ages, genders, and cultures will boost your club’s capacity to serve locally and globally.
- Strive to have members who offer diverse skills, talents, experiences and perspectives.
- Using Rotary’s member diversity and classification assessment tools can help you:
- Grow and diversify your club.
- Identify unrepresented professions and groups in your club and best use your members’ expertise and skills.
- Build members’ awareness and support for increasing club diversity.
- Consider having the club membership committee or a group of members conduct the assessments, study the results, and act on the findings.
CLICK to Read More